Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Self-Importance Put into Perspective

This woman just made my day ...

I got to the end of a story on MSNBC Tech about an 11 year-old boy who tinkled all over a cart of school computers - costing his school $36K in the process - and found this delightful blurb about the author:

Helen A.S. Popkin goes blah blah blah about the Internet. Tell her to get a real job on Twitter and/or Facebook. Also, Google+.

In an age of self-important journalists, social media experts, and all-around know-it-alls spouting off 24 hours a day, her sense of humor and understanding of context is refreshing.

Me? I'm just some dude with less than two years' experience in the classroom, going blah blah blah about values, and yikes! society is crumbling, yada yada.

Thanks Helen. I'm going to turn off the computer and do something important - spend time with my son.

No comments:

Post a Comment