Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Blogger Loves Google Calendar



When I started using Blogger as a classroom management tool a few years ago, I did it for one simple reason: Every new blog post = a new date and lesson. It made perfect sense to me, and still does.

Last semester I taught English 12. Say I teach it again next year ... I can just copy / paste in my old posts ... change the date ... and presto - I have online lessons ready to roll.

I started using Blogger before Google bought it, and now they play even more nicely together. For example, I can grab the embed code from my Google calendar, and pop it anywhere on my blog. Like I did above.

Now kids have instant access to homework, test schedules, tutoring, my schedule, etc.

Blogger and Google - a match made in 2.0 classroom heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment