Monday, March 21, 2011

Endorsing Social Media: Fun w/ Fake Facebook



Ever since I dove deep into social media marketing, I've been struck by the thought that kids are writing more today than ever before - thanks to social media.

Critics argue this new platform has no depth; I prefer the glass half full, and say hey, let's encourage them. Some writing is better than no writing!

Here's a cool site students can sign up for quickly and on the fly (great for computer labs, etc.) - My Fake Wall. It's a neat creative outlet for the kids, in a language they understand and appreciate.

We're currently using this program for a lit unit on Macbeth. Thanks to my friendly neighborhood tech facilitator for the idea.

(Ps ... downside - program has a lot of ad clutter. You get what you pay for ...)

1 comment: