Sunday, October 17, 2010

Meeting madness



I know good teachers can get frustrated by meeting overload; it's natural for teachers to want to spend their time either in class or preparing for class. I know I personally can feel a bit out of sorts when I rush from a before-school meeting to my first period class.

I wanted to share a series of emails / assignments between myself and an ad agency I help out a bit.

At four p.m. last Saturday, the firm CEO emailed me an assignment. I replied before dinner - then actually found time to do the assignment, and dash it off, at 10 p.m. Saturday evening.

By 6 a.m. Sunday, the firm's creative director had written me back, then the CEO wrote us again at 7 a.m. In the Blackberry, ever-connected, never shut off world, this is normal!

My point is I feel so grateful for being in this profession. Sure we have a lot of meetings - I sometimes feel being a new teacher is in large part an overall endurance test. But it sure beats the alternative ... teaching is a true joy and it beats the business world by miles and miles.


No comments:

Post a Comment