Monday, November 16, 2009

Highly qualified teacher

My teaching certification from Walsh University does indeed make me a highly qualified teacher for all Language Arts subjects, according to the state of Ohio (which has reciprocity with North Carolina).

The answer is yes; my specialized training in these areas allows me to stand in front of a classroom and offer instruction as a highly qualified teacher.

This great educational training aside, I think my real qualifications arise from the decade I've spent using the English language - as a journalist, writer, and public relations professional. The skills, experience and poise I've learned out in the field have so far been put to good use in all of my classroom experiences.

It's my hope to assist with my school's newspaper and yearbook, as those are areas where the students and I really come together in a sharing of passion for our craft.

No comments:

Post a Comment