Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Blogging benefits to the classroom

Blogging has many classroom purposes, in my opinion as an emerging educator. In college I've created several blogs as teaching tools - on topics ranging from jurisprudential instruction strategies to the poetry of John Keats.

If deemed appropriate by my school district, I plan to have a classroom website built around a blog platform - where students (and parents) may go daily to see assignments, homework, and classroom activities.

Blogs are wonderful tools for fostering online communities rich with participation and exchange of ideas. This is a medium our kids know, respect, and use every day. I say let's capitalize on this enthusiasm, and build blogs and websites into the core of our Language Arts curriculum.

No comments:

Post a Comment